Nidhi Phutela, Bharti Wadhwa
and Anubha Vashisht
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Noida,
Amidst the tough competition, the companies
are striving hard to attract and retain the target
audience. With a view to sustain the company
and hang on with same customers for a longer
term, they look for ways to increase their customer
satisfaction way beyond their expectations. To
provide customer delight and in accordance with
the problems faced by customers who underwent
online shopping on a frequent basis, new service
of mobile wallet was introduced. This paper has
examined the concept of customers going card-
less by using the mobile wallet services and the
growth of these services at a fast pace.
Customer Delight, e-Commerce,
Mobile Wallet Services, Online Payments.
- Arnold, M.J., Reynolds, K.E., Ponder, N. &
Lueg, J.E. (2005). Customer delight in a retail
context: Investigating delightful and terrible
shopping experiences. Journal of Business Research
- Anderson, E.W. & Mittal, V. (2000).
Strengthening the satisfaction profit chain.
Journal of Service Research, 3(2), 107-120.
- Asokan, N., Janson, P., Steiner, M. & Waidner,
M. (1997). The state of the art in electronic
payment systems. Computer, 30(9), 28-35.
- Bartl, C., Gouthier, M.H. & Lenker, M.
(2013). Delighting Consumers Click by
Click Antecedents and Effects of Delight
Online. Journal of Service Research, 16(3), 386-
- Chitturi, R., Raghunathan, R. & Mahajan, V.
(2008). Delight by design: The role of hedonic
v/s Utilitarian Benefits. Journal of Marketing,
- Expanding mobile payment services – The role
of vernacular language applications (2015).
Retrieved from http://yourstory.com/2015/01/
- India smartphone market: Witnessing exponen-
tial growth. Retrieved January 28, 2016, from
- India on the go: Mobile internet vision 2017.
Retrieved January 29, 2016, from http://rtn.asia/
- Mallya, H. (2015). With 3 rd largest smartphone
market in the world, India to reach 314 million
mobile internet users by 2017. Retrieved January
29, 2016, from http://yourstory.com/2015/07/
- Neilson mobile consumer report, a global
- Ngobo, P.V. (1999). Decreasing returns in
customer loyalty: Does it really matter to delight
the customers? Advances in Consumer Research,
- Offline foray: After IRCTC, Paytm teams
up with Café Coffee Day, Domino’s (2015).
- Oliver, R.L. (1980) A cognitive model of the
antecedents and consequences of satisfaction
decisions. Journal of Marketing Research 17, 460-
- Oliver, R.L. (1993). Cognitive, affective and
attribute bases of the satisfaction response.
Journal of Consumer Research, 20, 418-430.
- Oliver, R.L., Rust, R.T. & Varki, S. (1997).
Customer delight: Foundations, findings and
managerial insights. Journal of Retailing, 73(3),
- Pago (2003). Pago Survey 2003: Credit Card
payment, Pago e-transaction services.
- Phutela, N. & Dasgupta, H. (2013). Factors
responsible for building trust in online tourism
companies. International Journal of Education
and Psychological Research, 2(3), 1-7.
- Phutela, N. & Dasgupta, H. (2014). Study on
factors influencing consumer trust for e-tourism
companies in India. Abhinav national monthly
refereed Journal of Research in Commerce &
Management, 3(9), 24-34.
- Priya, N. (2014). Payment Methods you can
use when shopping online in India. Retrieved
- Rust, R. T., & Oliver, R. L. (2000). Should we
delight the customer?. Journal of the Academy of
Marketing Science, 28(1), 86-94.
- Scheneider, B. & Bowen, D.E. (1999).
Understanding customer delight and outrage.
Sloan Management Review, 41(1), 35-45.
- Smithers, R. (2014). Half of online customers
experience problems – Which? Retrieved from
- Sumanjeet, S. (2008). Securing payment systems
in the age of Electronic Commerce. International
Journal of Management Research and Technology,
- Sumanjeet, S. (2009). Emergence of payment
systems in the age of electronic commerce:
The state of art. Global Journal of International
Business Research, 2(2), 17-36.
- Unruh, J.A. (1996). Customers mean business:
Six steps to building relationships that last.
Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley.
- Vardhan, J. (2015). Bye to multi-layered payment process, PayUbiz unveils one-tap
feature. Retrieved from http://yourstory.
- Weir, A. (2010). Delighting consumers is the
key to business success. Retrieved January 21,
2016, from http://brandexperiencematters.
- Westbrook, R.A. & Oliver R.L. (1991). The
dimensionality of consumption emotion patterns
and consumer satisfaction. Journal of Consumer
Research 18, 84-91.
- Worthington, S. (2005). Entering the market
for financial services in transitional economies: A
case study of credit cards in China. International
Journal of Bank Marketing, 23(5), 381-396.
- (n.d.). Retrieved January 25, 2016, from